Who is responsible for administering First Aid?

All trained adults in Scouting should have an up to date first aid certificate of First Response level or equivalent and are responsible for the young people in their care. On a camp or activity one person should be designated first aider.
You must ensure you make a record of any first aid given – a first aid book is available in the Den.

***Update – new process & new books – please give the top triplicate sheet to parents then tear off the remaining two and post in the Executive Postbox for long term filing ***

You should also have a book with your first aid kits when you are away from the Den (take the “mobile” book but make sure you return it!) but even if forget and just use blank sheets of paper, you need to make sure you capture the details.

If an incident requires any consultation with or treatment by a doctor, dentist or hospital the Information Centre needs to be notified. Follow the Purple Card.